Springtime showers may bring ... flooding!
Tips on Springtime water loss prevention from Aviva Canada
The following tips can help keep your property above water and save you thousands of dollars in
- Inspect your roof every few years to check the condition of the shingles and avoid leaks.
- You should also clear out your eaves troughs every year to prevent blockages.
- Install a backwater valve which will close automatically if the sewer backs-up.
- Check your foundation. If you notice water pooling as the ice melts or after heavy rains, find a way to
- lead it away from your home.
- Finish your basement right by sealing the exterior walls.
- Run your sump pump if your basement has one. Examine and test it to ensure it works when you
- need it.
- Review your insurance policy. While overland flooding is generally not covered, you can often add
- additional coverage, including protection from sewage backup.
Please call us if you have any questions about your home's coverage with regard to water damage.