What’s happening with our insurance company partners
- Winner of the first ever Insurance Business Awards for Philanthropy & Community Service
- New home coverage available for sharing situations eg AirBNB, and auto insurance for transportation networks e.g. Uber.
- Completed their acquisition of RBC General Insurance
- Some new coverages - Tech Enthusiast coverage for those with lots of gadgets and Collectors bundle for hobbyists and collectors e.g. comic books, sports cards.
- Aviva Canada is the first national corporate partner of the Canadian Red Cross Community Health and Wellness program, committing $750,000 over three years to deliver essential community health services to seniors and vulnerable populations across Canada.
- Commercial cross-border facility provides comprehensive coverage for Canadian parent companies with operations in the US that require admitted paper.
- Introducing the new – Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) discount of 15%.
- NEW Identity Management Solutions. Identity theft resolution and education assistance services are now available to all Masterpiece® policyholders in Canada. Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in North America and Chubb is pleased to provide this complimentary solution in partnership with industry leading data defense service expert Cyberscout™.
- Luxuries, Protected - Expanded protection and services for those with significant values in jewellery and artwork
- Addition of cyberbullying to Family Protection℠ option.
- New program available for those with valuable collector or classic cars
Coachman/SGI – Saskatchewan General Insurance
- Mass evacuation coverage has been increased from 2 weeks to 30 days (resulting from recent flood and fire catastrophes).
- Expanded Home Systems Protection coverage for such things as breakdown of furnaces, central AC, and home security systems.
- Expanded Service Line coverage for the repair or replacement of outdoor water, sewer piping and wiring from the street to your house.
- Enhanced water protection and sewer back-up coverage options available.
- Enhanced water damage coverage and including loss mitigation protection,
- Minor conviction protection option
- My Extras – Lifestyle protection option to increase and enhance coverage on several areas such as jewellery, bicycles, business property, landscaping and more.
- Transportation Network coverage for Uber ride-sharing now available
- Bundle your home and auto insurance together now for even greater savings
- Expanded coverage for E-bikes and increased home jewellery limits
- Conviction for failure to provide insurance card no longer affects premium
- Discounts for Autonomous Emergency Breaking Technology and other new vehicle safety related discounts.
- Waiver of depreciation on new cars being extended from 24 months to 48 months
- Distracted Driving Convictions changed from minor to major with resulting serious effect on premiums.
- New Ironclad – Side A DIC coverage to help with Directors and Officers related exposures
- Recent advances in Management and Employment Practices liability
- Broader water damage coverages now available including surface water
- Highly competitive auto rates for those with a superior safe-driver profile under new Optima Insurance plan
- Expanding home insurance with Home Equipment Breakdown coverage
- Service line coverage also now available
- Expanded home business eligibility including daycare
- New Select program for automotive service companies such as repair garages, body shops and service stations.